I used to think it was fun to be a kid at Christmas, but now I know it's even more fun having a kid at Christmas! The pictures I took of Marilee last year show just that. She was so excited to open her presents and this layout preserves that moment for me.
I used the I'll Be Gnome for Christmas Collection for this 12x12" Christmas Morning page. It features wallet-sized photos and a Christmas tree embellishment made from the Gnome Cutaparts and stamped paper scraps.
Here is a bit about how Santa's Elf put this page together.
1. Hand cut a tree trunk from Dark Green and attach a paper strip to create a base for the tree measuring 10" from the base of the trunk to the top. Run adhesive along the strip.
2. Center the 5.5" "Merry Christmas" cutapart to the bottom of the strip.
3. Center additional strips onto the Green base until it is filled. Alternate with colored papers and portions of the printed cutaparts. Don't worry about the edges aligning perfectly until the next step.
4. Trim the tree at an angle from the outside edge of the "Merry Christmas" cutapart to the top of the Dark Green strip. You may find it helpful to identify the center of the Dark Green strip; trim to 3/4" to the left and right of the center mark.
5. Rotate the tree to place it upside down into the trimmer and repeat alignment process to create the same angle on the other side of the tree.
|Bottom corner of the cutapart is on the edge of the blade.|
|Tree top center line at .75" from blade|
6. To finish the tree, matte with Dark Green and attach a hand-cut star.
Next on the Holiday Hop is the fabulous Annette at Digital Musings.
Thank you for stopping by during your busy holiday season. I hope Santa is good to you!
Have a blessed Christmas.