Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Re-purposed 4x6 Frame

Welcome Club Scrap Spring Chorus Blog Hoppers!


It's been fun being part of the Club Scrap Monthly Blog Hop for a couple of months now, basically the Blog Hop participants create a project using Club Scrap's current monthly kit. This month's kit is the lovely Spring Chorus Collection. I used rubber stamps, cardstock, embellishments, diecuts and cutaparts from the Spring Chorus Collection to give my 4x6 photo frame a face-lift.

Here is the before picture below. It was a nice frame, and it was free, but I just didn't have a use for it, so why not alter it?

Before and after. 


A little bit about how the transformation occurred.
Since the original paint on the frame was glossy, I started by sanding the frame, I wanted to be sure the acrylic paint I used on the frame would adhere properly.



After the paint was dry, the fun started with rubber stamping directly onto the frame using the Spring Chorus Borders & Backgrounds Collection.


Then after adding a little green mist to the frame, I put the Light Blue Print and photo inside and added a little black book-board shelf.



The frame embellishing continued with the Spring Chorus DieCut Flowers.





I finished off the embellishing with the Happiness stamped quote for the left side of the frame, and the stamped word - Happy, both from the Greetings Unmounted Stamp Collection. I thought it was cute that the stamped word "Happy" fit right into the Metal Label Holder Frame.


Then of course the installed mini-shelf gave lots of room for adding other fun tidbits.

NEXT on the hop is not only the sweet, but also the lovely and talented Cathy at The Artful Gamut. Be sure to hop along and enjoy being inspired!

FYI:  The Blog Hop starts at the Club Scrap Creates site if you care to start at the beginning

As always, thank you for stopping by!!!
Kay

26 comments:

  1. Kay, I love what you did with this frame, especially the little shelf underneath the picture! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame is fantastic! I have some of thse around here (or something like it) - thank you for sharing your upcycling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavens, what a remarkable transformation from "Halloween 2010" to FABULOUS. I think my favorite part is the sweet little shelf that you added. Awesome, Kay! (As always.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The before and after pictures are amazing. I love the shelf being added as well, wonderful frame. Thanks for theis great inspiration of a project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing transformation. As always, Kay, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a simple idea, but the details make it pretty spectacular and as always - it inspires MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job transforming that frame! you would never know and it is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Ugly Duckling turns into a beautiful Swan! Such a great example of "upcycling". Your photos are awesome, but I can truthfully say, after seeing this in person, it's even better IRL. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay, when you told us you had altered a frame I had no idea what you would come up with! WOW, amazing that you looked at the cute little Halloween frame and turned it into this masterpiece! Just goes to show that you are full of imagination and creativity! AWESOME! And my favorite part is the shelf! So clever, never would have thought of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kay - there are too many sources of inspiration here to mention them all. I will tell you my 2 favorite. First, I really appreciate your ability to look at something you didn't need and turn it into something beautiful! Second, I really like the fact that you took a photo that was vertical and made it work in a horizontal frame.
    You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the re-use of your frame. The shelf idea is adorable and on my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. super repurposing, and I love the idea of the little shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creative talents are amazing Kay! I love how your mind sees things. Thank you for the repurposing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a transformation! Very clever and pretty Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty as usual and to think of what you started with. So glad you took the before picture, it makes the after that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic idea to alter that Halloween frame. I just love how you did it and that mini-shelf....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful frame recycle! I especially like the shelf with a little cat picture. You have me looking around at old frames.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome frame! I love how you re-purposes it! You are so creative! I look forward to all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous idea! I have lots of frames I can recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kay, oh so creative, Kay! I'd never think to take a Halloween frame and turn it into a gorgeous Springtime masterpiece, but I'm so glad that you did! Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, Kay. Makes me want to go look and see if there are any cheap frames around my house I don't want anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so lovely! What a wonderful re-purposing project. TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow--you really changed the look of this frame--love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love giving new life to old, outdated, not-exactly-useful-in-current state or not-so-attractive items!! This is quite a change to the original frame - it is gorgeous now - love the flower and all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a transformation. Great idea to re-use an existing items than purchase another.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your alteration rocks and is 1000 times better! I love the color palette and the flower, not to mention that gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete