Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shadow Box - All That Jazz's Club Stamp Project

All That Jazz

All That Jazz

all that jazz
The All That Jazz Club Stamp "Shadow In A Box" project has so many options.  I enjoyed designing the project for last years All That Jazz Club Stamp kit, and still see fun options in this project. Above I used just the book board components from the kit, I'll use the paper included for card making, then I painted the book board construction box brown, using papers and embellishments from my stash to decorate.  This shadow box project is different from the other three I put together is because I cut the nook in the center rather than the top left like the others.  They were so much fun to make that I had to put together a couple.  They hang on the wall or sit on a desk or shelf, and make nice gifts. 
Moving on to all the other pics I have in store of this same project - the following shadow box project is painted black.  I used my new favorite opaque CS White ink pad and Dec 2010 Vogue Font UMs to stamp on the front before I put it all together.  Then simply added a family picture in the nook, some chipboard letters and stickers, and that's about it on this one.

all that jazz

all that jazz

all that jazz
Next is my first, the original All That Jazz version made using the November 2010 All That Jazz papers to decorate that came with the kit.  The white paint, wooden spool and wooden closepins come with the kit along with the papers, and are great for decorating the box.
all that jazz

all that jazz

all that jazz
Now my last one here, I'm probably attaching too many pictures, but I had so much fun with it so here it goes.  It's wrapped with a couple sheets of  text weight paper and the photos are matted and attached to the front.  The side panel isn't attached like the others, it opens up like a old mail box, allowing two handmade books to slide into the inside.
all that jazz
Backing up a bit to show putting together the precut book board pcs below.
jazz
After wrapping.
jazz
I made little books to fit into the nook as well as books to fit into the inside of the box itself.
jazz

jazz
Here is the side panel that is wrapped and then attached with a paper hinge on the bottom to make housing books inside possible.
jazz

jazz
I still have some decorating to do on the inside of these books, but I have a good start.  jazz
I did have a bit more fun with the vertical book in cutting a nook into it.
jazz
One of those Orange Feather Butterflies just happened to be on my craft table so I used it inside my cut out nook space.
jazz
Inside pages are stamped and then photos and stamped quotes added.
jazz
jazz
I went with my "normally gone to" Kettle Stitched binding for both books.
jazz
I used a large D-Ring as a pull on the opening side panel.
jazz
Well that's it for me for now.  As much as I would like to make yet another, I must move on to other projects.Thanks so much for taking the time to look
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment