This hop originates from the Club Scrap Creates Blog (in case you want to start at the beginning). Also check out the end of this entry to find out how to win the sheet of unmounted rubber stamps used in this layout!
Check out my fun 8.5x11 scrapbook page with my handsome dh and beautiful daughter . . .
The paper used is from the 2012 Retreat "By The Numbers" Paper Pack from the 2012 Retreat Kit. This collection just went 50% off!!! I just love the subtle earth tones it has to offer! The journaling block and bottom border strip is from the 12x12 Cutapart also found in the kit. The large "1,2,3" number embellishments were created by using the By The Numbers Borders & Backgrounds Unmounted Rubber stamps.
Check out the fun I had while making the number embellishments:
1. Use a foam brush to paint several coordinating colors onto a piece of white cover stock.
2. Once an area is covered with color, blend with light brush strokes of cream acrylic paint.
3. Spray the altered area with your favorite color of metallic or shimmer mist.
4. Stamp the unmounted number image onto the painted area with India Black ink.
5. Trim out the individual numbers with a small detail scissors.
6. Ink the edges of the numbers with a CS® Ink Applicator and India Black ink to hide the white base paper.
7. Layer the numbers onto a scrapbook page with foam adhesive.
Tah-dah! Easy as 1-2-3.
Everyone loves free stuff!
Since Club Scrap wants to share the love of rubber stamping as well as scrapbooking, be sure to leave a comment on this blog to get your name thrown into the hat to win this By The Numbers Borders & Background sheet of rubber stamps. Include an email address if you aren't already a Club Scrap member or shopper. It would be terrible if your name was randomly selected and I couldn't get your shipping address!
Happy National Scrapbooking Day!
Kay at Club Scrap