I created a nifty birthday card chalkboard easel for this month's hop (originating from The Club Scrap Creates Blog).
|Front side with BDay Wish|
|Back side for any-day use.|
I used matte board for the easel and that awesome black Chalkboard Paper from the Graffiti Lite Kit. The look and stamping technique is very similar to my Graffiti Chalkboard Paper Techniques Blog from last Thursday, however this easel is a bit larger and made with matte board.
1. Cut two 4-3/4x6-3/4" matte board pieces. I chose this size so it could be mailed in a 5x7" envelope. This easel could even be made from cereal box cardboard. Use a craft knife to remove matte board 1" from bottom and 3/4" from the left and right edges.
2. Stamp two 4x4-3/4" black chalkboard paper mattes with white pigment ink. For more stamping details, refer to Graffiti Chalkboard Paper Techniques. The Spring WOW Flutterbys seemed to be the perfect embellishment.
|Flutterbys Flags altered with acrylic paint.|
3. Punch two holes on top of matte boards, add eyelets and fasten with string.
4. Punch two holes on bottom of matte boards and fasten with string to serve as a catch.
5. When the recipient's birthday time has passed, she can simply reverse the easel and enjoy the artwork on the other side!
Thanks for hopping!