It's time for the Club Scrap Hydrangeas Blog Hop!
If you are coming from the fun project shared at Hetty's Craft Chaos, you're on the right path! If you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop, go to Club Scrap Creates.
This month I made the Springtime Stitched Bound Book included in the Hydrangeas Club Scrap Kit. I added twelve little windows to the front cover and a brown wrap to change up the look.
How to create the front cover:
1. Use a ruler to draw grid. Measure 3/4" from the top and side edges; make 1" squares with 1/4" between each square.
2. Use a heavy duty utility knife, cutting mat and grid ruler to cut the 1" square openings. This certainly requires a little patience. I did mine in several sittings to allow my sore hands and fingers to rest. (I guess I feel a little old when I say that!)
3. Wrap covers with Brown Plain from the Hydrangeas collection.
4. Use a craft knife to cut an "x" in the paper within each book board opening.
5. Brush glue onto the inside edges of each window to attach the triangular flaps. Trim the flaps with scissors as needed and use a bone folder to burnish to the back of the board.
6. Fill each window with a fun embellishment and attach stitched pages as shown in the detailed project instructions.
Cathy at The Artful Gamut is your next inspirational blogger.
Thanks for hopping with us!